Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Time for a father/son adventure!

Not that I have been blogging all that much lately - I have been very much enjoying my summer vacation - the blogging is going to get even more sparse for a few more days.

After five years away from my hometown, I am going there tomorrow with my son on an overnight camping trip. Since he was born, my son has served as a measuring stick for how long I have been away from the woods I love so much. Now that he is about to start Kindergarten, I figured it was time.

Our itinerary includes sneaking a peek at the house in which I grew up, throwing rocks in the creek, shooting some guns, and doing some trail hiking. I already know where we will be camping; it will not be in a campground. It will be on a wide spot on a bend on a logging road where the views include this, this and this. I took those pictures during my last visit, and I will post more pictures upon our return, which will not be until after this Sunday.

Good Day to You, Sir


Cynthia said...

Y'all are going to have lots of fun!! Looking forward to your blog entry when you return.

Anonymous said...

So how was your trip? I hope your son had a blast!