Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ma'am not good enough for you? How about B****?

Stuff like the following usually sticks in my craw for a few hours or a day, and then I brain-dump it. My anger about this is not going away. Even my wife told me she can't let it go, and my wife almost never obsesses about politics as much as I do.

Watch the absolute petty arrogance displayed by Senator Barbara Boxer, who unfortunately represents my own home state of the late, great, California:



I will bet dollars to donuts that the Brigadier General worked a lot harder to gain his title than Boxer ever did to gain hers. Nevertheless, the General is undoubtedly satisfied being called "Sir."

I am so utterly embarassed that Boxer represents my state in Congress.

Good Day To You, Sir

5 comments:

Janie said...

I totally agree with you....this state is an embarrassment to us and the rest of the world watching! I say that as a 45 year old native Californian who is hoping one day to live in any other state than this one!

Anonymous said...

I wish the general would have replied, "Yes, Ma'am" or better yet would have had to guts to educate her regarding military courtesy.

Mrs. Bluebird said...

B**** is too nice for that broad. She's a disgrace to my former (thank God!) state of residence. I just wish my mother would leave that insanity.

Well, as my husband said, "Not only did she show her true colors today, she really showed her ass, didn't she?"

Anonymous said...

pity bitch! Imagine her expecting to be called by her correct title in an official capacity! How dare she?!!

W.R. Chandler said...

Yes Anonymous, it's so horrible to be called Ma'am or Sir. That general is called "Sir" hundreds of times a day, and Lord knows he did a lot more to earn the title of "General" than Boxer did to earn the title of "Senator." In the military, calling officers "Sir" and "Ma'am" is as natural as breathing. This just shows Boxer's arrogance and insecurity. But by all means, make yourself look like a partisan fool and defend her to the end. Standing up for a farce of a human being like Barbara Boxer tells me oodles about your character as well.