Wednesday, May 21, 2008

End Hiatus

We are now comfortably ensconced in our new abode (new to us; it was built in 1966)! My better half spent much of her time unpacking the bedrooms and the kitchen, while I tackled the garage and back patio. It took me two nights of staying up until 1am and a good part of a couple afternoons to turn the middle of the garage floor from a sea of boxes into an empty space where we can park our cars.

One of my favorite things so far about the new house is that it is near a small creek (or slough, if you will), and when the sun goes down, you can hear frogs all night long. The sound of that, or crickets, will knock me out like Judy Garland on a barbiturate bender.

Yesterday, the Internet/Phone guy arrived and worked his magic - drilling a hole in the floor here, a hole in the wall there, running wire in the foundation under the house. When he was finished, Voila! We were wired to the world once again. It was only then that I found out that Teddy Kennedy will most likely sooner rather than later shuffle off this mortal coil from a brain tumor. I'll have more to say on that situation very soon.

In the meantime, I am running quite the sleep deficit from unpacking during the last several days, which made me rather grumpy today on my first day back with my short-timing students. I better hit the hay. The bottom line is that I am back in the blogging game!

Good Day to You, Sir

2 comments:

Darren said...

Are you back to the "invite the single guy over for an exceptional meal" game? :-)

Anonymous said...

Apparently not :(